This summer – well, this whole year – isn’t very much like we imagined, but that doesn’t mean there’s no opportunities to serve. Here’s a few of the things that have kept us busy the past few months.
- We hosted a few work parties to finish up the Glad Tidings Bible Camp kitchen renovation, including the installation of new double doors! We were very encouraged to have several families and individuals join us, and are pleased that the new kitchen and dishroom are very functional.
- Later on, Chester served two weeks at Glad Tidings Bible Camp, cooking, handling maintenance emergencies and discipling staff during their limited camping season.
- Micah also served six weeks at Glad Tidings Bible Camp, doing maintenance and groundskeeping. He and another staff member listened to “Kingdom Man” by Tony Evans during the time, and found it really beneficial to their spiritual growth.
- Eva, Moriah and Isaiah detasseled corn for about a month. Isaiah broke his thumb toward the end of the season, but is mostly through the healing process.
- Seven Wednesdays were spent with Chester and the kids hanging ceiling fans for a family from church.
- Chester and the kids also did a couple of small landscaping projects for people who serve God here in Omaha.
- We removed carpet from a local house so that the owner (a widow reaching out to an unreached people group in Omaha) could get new flooring.
- We hosted “Gramma Camp” at our house – four days of up to 18 local cousins for a camp. It was a blast (and now we’re tired).
- Chester helped three people in ministry find suitable cars during the summer. In one case several of you partnered with us to make the car a gift.
The biggest highlights of the summer for us were the opportunities for local people (you) to join in the projects. A really special thank you to those who joined in serving!
As we look to the fall, we’ll have more opportunities and “work parties” for you to join with us. Thanks for serving with us and praying for us!